Terms and Conditions for
User Generated Content
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Your submitted photo and/or video (“Contribution”) is governed by these Terms and Conditions. By submitting your Contribution, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them, including any modifications.
2. In the event of any conflict of inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
3. You hereby grant irrevocably and unconditionally waive, to the extent permitted by law, the benefit of any moral rights or any similar rights anywhere in the world, and grants to The Absolut Company AB (“the Company”) the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and a royalty free right (but not the obligation) to:
- (a) use, reproduce, republish, share and distribute your Contribution in any way, in its marketing and/or in its advertising, in all media, including but not limited to, social media channels and webpages and other customer facing communications; and
- (b) edit, copy, alter, add to, take from, adapt, modify, combine with other material and/or translate the Contribution; and
- (c) use your name, image, likeness, signature, autograph, voice, nickname, biographical details, portrait, caricature, silhouette, photograph, and words, symbols, photographic and/or graphic representations that identify you in the Contribution.
4. The Company shall have the right to grant sublicenses under the license granted under Section 3 to any subsidiary or affiliate of the Company or to any third party at its sole discretion.
5. You hereby represent and warrant the following:
- (a) you (and anybody else appearing in the Contribution) are 25 years old or above;
- (b) the Contribution is self-shot by you, and you own all rights in and to your Contribution;
- (c) you are the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with your Contribution and the person identified in your Contribution is you and not someone else;
- (d) you have permission from any person(s) appearing in your Contribution to grant the rights herein;
- (e) the Company’s use of your Contribution will not violate the rights of any third party or any law;
- (f) you hereby release and discharge the Company from all and any obligation to pay you for any use of your Contribution and any of the intellectual property rights contained therein in connection with the uses described above; and
- (g) you hereby release, discharge and agree to hold the Company and any person acting on the Company’s behalf harmless from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with use of the Contribution as described above.
6. The Contribution must apply to the following rules:
- It must not glorify the alcohol strength, relatively high alcohol content or intoxicating effect of a drink;
- It must not associate a drink with violent, aggressive, dangerous or anti-social behavior;
- It must not suggest any association with, acceptance of or allusion to, illicit drugs;
- It must not associate a drink with sexual success;
- It must not suggest that drinking can lead to social success or popularity;
- It must not encourage illegal, irresponsible or immoderate drinking;
- It must not encourage “down-in-one” consumption;
- It must not have a particular appeal to those under legal purchase age;
- It must not suggest that a drink can enhance mental or physical performance;
8. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
9. The Contribution and these Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by the substantive laws of Sweden. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contribution or these Terms and Conditions rules shall be resolved in the District Courts of Stockholm, Sweden.